|Zaklínač 3: Divoký hon|
|Vydavateľ||CD Projekt RED|
|Mód||hra pre jedného hráča|
|Web stránka hry||http://thewitcher.com/en/witcher3|
Pozri aj Informačný portál
Zaklínač 3: Divoký hon (pl Wiedźmin 3: Dziki Gon) je akčná RPG počítačová hra vyvíjaná tímom CD Projekt RED a v roku 2015 publikovaná spoločnosťou CD Projekt. Based on The Witcher series of fantasy novels by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, it is the sequel to the 2011 video game The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and the third installment in The Witcher video game series.
Played in an open world with a third-person perspective, players control protagonist Geralt of Rivia, a monster hunter known as a witcher, who seeks to find his adopted daughter on the run from the "Wild Hunt", an otherworldly force determined to capture and utilise her powers. Throughout the game, players battle against the world's many dangers using weapons and magic, interact with various non-player characters, and complete main story quests, side quests, monster contracts, and treasure hunts to acquire experience points and gold used to increase Geralt's various abilities and gear. The game's central story features multiple endings that are determined by Geralt's choices made by the player during certain points of the story.
Hra bola vydaná celosvetovo 19 mája 2015 pre platformy Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, a Xbox One. The game was met with critical acclaim upon release, with praise directed primarily toward its gameplay, narrative, world design, combat, and visuals. Stala sa jednou z najviac oceňovacích hier roka 2015, včítane ocenení Game of the Year awards from gaming publications, critics, and award events, and is regarded by many to be one of the greatest role-playing games of all time. Tiež uspela na komerčnom poli, bolo predaných vyše šesť miliónov kópii za 6 týždňov od vydania. Two expansion packs, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, were produced. A Game of the Year edition, which includes the base game, its two expansion packs, and all additional downloadable content, was released in August 2016.
Gameplay[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
Zaklínač 3: Divoký hon je akčná rpg hraná s pohľadu tretej osoby. Hráč prevezme kontrolu nad postavou Geralta z Rivie, lovca príšer známeho ako zaklínač. Geralt vie chodiť, bežať, roll, and dodge, a prvý krát v hernej trilógii taktiež skákať, šplhať a plávať. Geralt má k dispozícii širokú paletu zbraní včítane bômb, kuše, oceľového meča a strieborného meča. Hráč môže medzi mečmi slobodne prepínať, pričom oceľový meč je vhodnejší na boj s ľuďmi a strieborný na boj s príšerami. There are two modes of melee attacks: Light attacks are fast but weak, while heavy attacks are slow but strong. Players can block and counter enemies' attacks with their swords. Swords have limited endurance and need to be repaired regularly. In addition to physical attacks, Geralt has five different magical signs at his disposal. Aard prompts Geralt to unleash a telekinetic blast, Axii confuses enemies, Igni inflicts burning damages on enemies, Yrden slows enemies down, and Quen offers players a temporary protective shield. Using these signs consumes stamina, meaning that they cannot be used infinitely. Players can use mutagens to further boost Geralt's magic power. Players lose health when they are attacked by enemies, though wearing armour pieces can help reduce health loss. Health can be restored through meditation or using consumerables such as food and potions. In certain segments of the game, players assume control of Ciri, who has an ability which allows her to teleport in short distances.
The game features responsive, advanced artificial intelligence (AI) and dynamic environments. The day and night cycle influences some monsters and their powers, similar to the common mythological motif of a werewolf gaining powers during the night of a full moon. Players can learn more about their enemies and prepare for combat through reading the in-game bestiary, which is a volume containing information on different monsters. Once players kill an enemy, they can loot their corpses for valuable items. Geralt's witcher senses enable players to find objects of interest, including items that can be collected or scavenged. Items are stored in the inventory, which can be expanded by purchasing upgrades. Players can sell these items to vendors, who give players Crowns, a form of currency, or use these materials to craft useful items such as potions, runestones, glyphs, and bombs. They can also visit blacksmiths to craft new weapons and armours with the ingredients they have gathered. The selling price of an item and the cost of crafting depend on the region's local economy, meaning that it will be different in different regions.
The game has a heavy focus on narrative. It features a dialogue wheel which allows players to choose how they want to respond to non-player characters. In the story, Geralt has to make consequential decisions that change the state of the world and lead to 36 ending outcomes, affecting the lives of in-game characters. Geralt can also engage in a romantic relationship with some of the game's female characters through completing certain quests. Beyond the main quests, there are also books that offer more information on the game's world. Players can initiate side quests after visiting a town's notice board. These side missions include Witcher Contracts, which are elaborated missions that task players to track and hunt monsters, and Treasure Hunt quests, which reward players with top-tier weapons or armour parts upon completion. Completing missions is the only way for players to earn experience points. When the player earns enough experience, Geralt's level increases and players will be given ability points. These points can be spent on 4 skill trees: Combat, Signs, Alchemy, and General. Combat upgrades enhance Geralt's physical attacks and unlock new fighting techniques, Signs upgrades enable Geralt to use magic more efficiently, Alchemy upgrades improve crafting abilities, while General upgrades have a range of functions, from raising Geralt's vitality to increasing crossbow damages. The game features an open world which is broken up into several major regions. Geralt can freely explore each region on foot or using transportation like a boat. Roach is Geralt's horse and can be summoned at will. Players can kill enemies with their sword while riding on Roach, but enemy presence may cause Roach to panic and throw Geralt off. Points of interest can be found on the map. Players will be rewarded with experience points after completing the mini-missions in these regions. Through exploration, players can also discover Places of Power, which grant players additional ability points. Other activities in which players can participate include horse racing, boxing and card playing. The card playing mechanic was later fully expanded into a standalone game.
Synopsis[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
Setting[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is set in the Continent, a fantasy world surrounded by parallel dimensions and extra dimensional worlds. Humans, Elves, Dwarves, monsters, and other creatures co-exist on the Continent, but non-Humans are often subject to persecution for their differences. The land is caught in a ravaging war between the empire of Nilfgaard, led by Emperor Emhyr var Emreis (Charles Dance), who have recently invaded the Northern Kingdoms, and Redania, ruled by King Radovid V.
The main character is the witcher Geralt of Rivia (Doug Cockle), a monster hunter trained since childhood in combat, tracking, and magic, and transformed by mutagens to be stronger, faster, and resistant to toxins. He is aided by the powerful sorceresses Yennefer of Vengenberg (Denise Gough), his lover, and Triss Merrigold (Jaimi Barbakoff), the bard Dandelion (John Schwab), the dwarven warrior Zoltan Chavay (Alexander Morton), and Geralt's witcher mentor Vesemir (William Roberts). Geralt is spurred into action by the reappearance of his and Yennefer's adopted daughter Ciri (Jo Wyatt). Ciri is a source, someone born with innate and potentially vast magical abilities, and following the apparent death of her parents, she was trained as a witcher while Yennefer guided her in magic. She is unaware that the Emperor is her biological parent, having fathered her under an assumed name while subject to a curse. Ciri had disappeared years ago to escape the Wild Hunt, a group of virtually unstoppable spectral warriors who can appear out of nowhere and freeze the nearby land when they arrive. They are led by the King of the Wild Hunt, an elf named Eredin, who hails from a parallel dimension.
Several locations appear in Wild Hunt including the Redanian cities of Novigrad and Oxenfurt, the contested No man's land of Velen, the city of Vizima, former capital of the recently conquered Temeria, the Skellige islands which serve as home to various Viking-like clans, and the witcher stronghold of Kaer Morhen.
Príbeh[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
Šablóna:Seealso In the town of White Orchard, Geralt reunites with his long lost lover, Yennefer. She informs Geralt that Emperor Emhyr has summoned him to the city of Vizima. There, Emhyr tasks Geralt with finding Ciri, who has been recently spotted in various locations. Ciri is a Child of the Elder Blood, the last heir to an ancient Elven bloodline that bestows her with the power to manipulate space and time.
Geralt first follows clues that Ciri was in Velen at Crow's Perch, the fort of the Bloody Baron. The Baron refuses to help, but Geralt's acquaintance, sorceress Keira Metz, informs him that an Elven mage, Avallac'h, was searching for Ciri. Keira directs Geralt to the Crones of Crookback Bog, malicious, ancient spirits residing near Velen. The Crones reveal that they had captured Ciri for the Wild Hunt before she escaped, and that they have enslaved the Baron's missing wife, Anna. After determining Anna's fate, Geralt returns to the Baron who tells him that Ciri went to Novigrad.
Arriving in Novigrad, Geralt discovers that the Church of the Eternal Fire, a militant religious organization, is purging mages in the city. Rendezvousing with his former lover, Triss Merigold, Geralt learns that Ciri had contacted his friend Dandelion. Geralt navigates Novigrad's criminal underworld to rescue Dandelion, and discovers that Ciri teleported to the Skellige archipelago. While in Novigrad, Geralt may assist Triss in liberating fugitive mages.
After sailing to Skellige, Geralt reunites with Yennefer, who has been investigating a magical explosion linked to Ciri. The pair track Ciri's movements to the island of Lofoten and learn the Wild Hunt have attacked it. Following clues, they realise that Uma, a deformed, cursed creature at Crow's Perch, was present following Ciri's escape. Before leaving Skellige, Geralt can help determine who will become the leader of Skellige following the king's death. Yennefer chooses to sever the magical bond that draws her and Geralt together, giving him the option to willingly affirm his love for her or end their relationship.
The pair recover Uma to the abandoned witcher school of Kaer Morhen where Yennefer successfully removes Uma's curse, transforming him into Avallac'h. He reveals that he teleported Ciri to the Isle of Mists to save her from the Lofoten attack. Geralt travels to the Isle and finds Ciri in a deathlike state until she is awakened by Avallac'h's magic. Ciri reveals that the King of the Wild Hunt, Eredin's homeworld is being destroyed by a plight known as the White Frost, and he wants Ciri's power in order to conquer the Continent. Ciri and Geralt teleport to Kaer Morhen pursued by the Wild Hunt. After a brief reunion with Yennefer, Triss, and their witcher mentor Vesemir, the Hunt attacks. Vesemir is killed protecting Ciri and her distress causes her to uncontrollably unleash her Elder power leading Eredin and the Hunt to retreat. Geralt, Yennefer, Triss, Ciri, and their allies then hold a funeral for Vesemir.
Ciri and Geralt travel to Novigrad and help Triss and Yennefer reform the Lodge of Sorceresses to aid in their fight. They also learn about the Sunstone, a relic that can lure Eredin out and bind him to a location. On the Skelligan isle of Undvik, Avallac'h uses the Sunstone to draw out the Hunt and their fleet. Geralt, Ciri, their allies and the Nilfgaardian fleet battle the Hunt, before Geralt faces Eredin in combat and emerges victorious. As the White Frost descends on Skellige, Ciri insists that she must confront it with her Elder Blood before it consumes all life on every world. Ciri enters a portal and defeats the White Frost, ending the threat.
The ending varies depending on choices made throughout the game. If Ciri is alive, Geralt can retire with either Yennefer or Triss, or remain a lone Witcher. If Geralt helps Nilfgaard win the war and took Ciri to meet the emperor, she will become Empress, believing it the best way to positively affect the world; if Ciri doesn't meet the Emperor, Geralt fakes her death and she becomes a Witcher. If Ciri dies fighting the White Frost, Geralt hunts down her stolen medallion as a keepsake, but is surrounded by monsters upon its discovery, leaving his fate ambiguous.
Vývoj[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
Though planned to commence production in 2008, CD Projekt RED's preoccupation with Rise of the White Wolf pushed it back to 2011. The company developed The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with a self-funded budget of zł306 million (US$81 million) over the course of three and a half years. The project started with 150 employees, eventually amassing to over 250 in-house staff. 1,500 people were also involved in the game's production globally. It was localised in 15 languages using a total of 500 voice actors. The game was scripted concurrently in Polish and English to alleviate the difficulty in localisation. CD Projekt RED warranted that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt be void of any digital rights management due to the scheme's unsuccessful control of piracy with its predecessor, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
Every character was granted a unique personality to contrast the fetch quest system typically used in video games. It was decided early on that the writing would not be simplified, but rather rife with wit, metaphors and implicit meanings. Dialogue was limited to 15 lines, with occasional exceptions, to retain content originality. Choices that the player makes were written as morally ambiguous to reflect those in real life and the sentiment expressed in Andrzej Sapkowski's original Witcher series. Alcoholism, abuse and sexuality were depicted as a natural part of how the medieval world existed and were combined with the story for the sake of authenticity. Areas of the open world were based on European lands like Poland, Amsterdam, and Scandinavia. Each object that furnished the levels was invariably modelled by hand. Ideas that included Yennefer imprisoning Geralt on an island, and Geralt's covert recruitment to the Wild Hunt, were discarded in the attempt of making the game smaller in size so as to avoid being split into two parts. The card game Gwent was preceded by various other mini-game proposals, including a drinking game, knife throwing and ice skating.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was created with the REDengine 3, CD Projekt RED's proprietary game engine designed specifically for nonlinear role-playing video games set in vast open world environments, aided by the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles and only prepared to be utilised in October 2014. The first play-through revealed to the developers that the open world, for all its added content and despite it mostly being generated around the quests, seemed empty. As a solution, they proceeded to implement points of interest. That December, however, the game had 5,000 bugs which, with a launch date of February 2015, led to its postponement.
As in the previous two Witcher games, players are presented with a complex story featuring multiple choices bearing associated consequences. Unlike other game engines, REDengine 3 allows for a complex story line without sacrificing the design of the virtual world. The user interface was redesigned with the intention of bringing a more intuitive experience; grid-based solutions were experimented on to accomplish this. The camera system was improved so that it would employ long shots for battles with multiple enemies and close-ups for more intimate confrontations. More animations were used for combat sequences than those of The Witcher 2, with each animation lasting less than one second so that one could easily break into another. Game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz and senior game designer Damien Monnier cited Dark Souls and Demon's Souls as influences on the game's combat system. Level designer Miles Tost and senior environment artist Jonas Mattsson cited The Legend of Zelda series and Red Dead Redemption as influences on the game's level designs and environments. Months before the release date, the game's economy, crafting, and inventory systems were incomplete and seemingly unable to meet the deadline. Senior gameplay designer Matthew Steinke thought of a process to remedy the situation, first drawing up a system context diagram. To figure out the problem of allocating prices, Steinke wrote a formula that based the attributions on the rate of damage, defence, or healing. Polynomial least squares were used to determine its efficacy. It was found to have eliminated bugs from the system and reduced loading times.
Release[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was officially announced on 4 February 2013 via Game Informer, with a 2014 release on PC and "all high-end platforms available;" the latter was then clarified to mean the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, whose release dates were on 21 February 2013 and 10 June 2013 respectively. According to the official information from Microsoft, The Witcher 3 was originally not going to be available on the Xbox One in Poland, the country in which the game's development process took place, but this was later changed as regional restrictions were later entirely removed from the Xbox One.
On 11 March 2014, it was announced that the game's release date was delayed from Autumn 2014 to February 2015. According to an official statement released by the development team, they had successfully created "a story that flows naturally, cinematically, rendered it in amazing sound and visuals, while preserving full freedom of choice" – suggesting that the core game and its main story were practically finished; however, the statement then goes on to cite the main reason for the delay was manual fine-tuning of many details and thorough testing of the final product to bring it up to the desired standard of quality. On 8 December 2014, the developer officially informed about postponing the release date to 19 May 2015. On 16 April 2015, CD Projekt RED confirmed that the game had been released to manufacturing, indicating it was being prepared for duplication and release.
After being delayed a few months from the original date of 24 February, The Witcher 3 was released worldwide on 19 May 2015. Physical copies of the game were distributed to retailers by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in North America and Bandai Namco Entertainment in Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand. The Polish prime minister at the time, Ewa Kopacz, and president, Bronislaw Komorowski, visited the CD Projekt RED studio to commemorate the launch.
The developer studied Witcher forums and websites like Reddit to predict what players generally desired from downloadable content (DLC), and shaped its own to fit those criteria. A collection of 16 DLCs was released without cost, as announced prior to release by the developers. They included cosmetic and additional gameplay content, as well as the game mode New Game Plus.
Rozšírenia[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
On 7 April 2015, CD Projekt RED announced two expansion packs for the game, titled Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. Hearts of Stone was released on 13 October 2015, and Blood and Wine was released on 31 May 2016.
The first expansion, Hearts of Stone, follows Geralt coming in contact with a mysterious entity known as the Man of Glass and an immortal man named Olgierd von Everec. The expansion was met with critical acclaim, scoring a 9/10 across media outlets IGN and GameSpot. The second expansion, Blood and Wine, follows Geralt as he travels to Toussaint, a Nilfgaardian duchy untouched by war, as he hopes to track down a mysterious beast terrorizing the region. The second expansion was also met with critical acclaim, scoring a 9/10 from IGN and 8/10 from GameSpot. A Game of the Year edition, which includes the base game and both expansions, was released on 30 August 2016.
Reception[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
Pre-release[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt won several awards at E3 in both 2013 and 2014. The title was voted as 'best role-playing game' at the Best of E3 Awards conducted by IGN consecutively in 2013 and 2014. Furthermore, it won IGN's E3 People's Choice Award in 2013 and 2014, and won GameSpot's E3 People's Choice Award in 2014, as well as the Most Wanted Award in the 31st and 32nd Golden Joystick Award. It also won the Most Anticipated Game award during The Game Awards 2014 in Las Vegas.
Post-release[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt received universal acclaim. Aggregating review website Metacritic has the Microsoft Windows version at 93/100 based on 32 reviews, the PlayStation 4 version 92/100 based on 79 reviews, and the Xbox One version 91/100 based on 12 reviews. Reviewers agreed that it was an ambitious action role-playing game that was grand in scale, even though it was marred by technical difficulties and a lack of innovation. Both GameSpot and Eurogamer gave the game their highest possible rating.
The game's world received widespread praise from critics. Kimberly Wallace from Game Informer described the game's world as "immersive" and was impressed by its attention to details. Chris Carter from Destructoid praised the game's world size, which he thought was enormous and would take players hours to explore. Jonathon Leack from Game Revolution praised the effective use of the game's large world, citing that every region had quests and activities for players to try, though he thought that many were filler content that extended the game's length. Tom Senior from GamesRadar praised the variety featured in the open world and described it as an "exciting realization of the Ronin fantasy". Daniel Bloodworth from GameTrailers praised the game for encouraging exploration, as many quests will only become available for players after they meet certain non-playable characters through visiting different parts of the world. Vince Ingenito from IGN and Shaun Prescott from PC Gamer were impressed by the game's scenery and its day-night cycle, with Ingenito saying that it highlighted the authenticity of the game world's landscape and environment.
The game's narrative received critical acclaim. Carter praised the game's cast of characters, which he felt was unique and interesting. He also thought that the narrative was more involving, with the players being able to witness key events and make consequential choices. Wallace praised the game's dialogue and its side-quests, as each was similar to a short story and players' decision in these quests may influence the state of the world. She also liked the game's main quest, which adds more character to Geralt, and stated that the romance options are a significant improvement over its predecessors. However, she was disappointed with varying quality of the game's endings. Kevin VanOrd from GameSpot echoed her thoughts, as he noted that Wild Hunt's story had more characterization for Geralt when compared with its predecessors. He noted that it was a welcoming change as it allows players to have emotional connections between them and in-game characters. Senior enjoyed the game's side-quests, calling them "a compilation of dark fantasy short stories" which overshadowed the main quests. Ingenito was disappointed with the game's main story, citing that there were too much paddlings and too many uninteresting quests. This thought was echoed by Shaun Prescott from PC Gamer, who claimed that the game's narrative would have felt rote had the side content not been engaging and excellent. VanOrd, Wallace, and Brett Phipps from VideoGamer.com praised the game's voice-acting, with Wallace calling it the best in the series.
The game's combat received a generally positive reception. Bloodworth noted that Geralt was more mobile and agile due to the new climbing and swimming mechanic. Carter commented that it had been significantly streamlined and the strategic elements featured in its predecessors were removed, but he still liked its action-orientated nature. Wallace cited that with a simplified alchemy system, a decent user interface and diverse difficulty settings, the combat become more accessible, though she expressed her dislike towards the disruptive weapon degradation system and the unrefined crossbow shooting mechanic in her review. Leack thought the system lacked complexity and criticized its lack of polish, caused by the unreliable lock-on system, camera issues, and excessively long combat animations. Senior noted that some gameplay mechanic, such as rolling and dodging, were inconsistent and made the system feel unfair. Ingenito, however, praised the combat and described it as a significant improvement over its predecessors due to its fluidity.
Other aspects of gameplay received mixed reviews. VanOrd praised the game's customization and upgrade system, which offered players a sense of progression, as became more and more hardened as the story unfolded. Ingenito praised the upgrade system for being deep and flexible, as players can have quite a lot of freedom when they are customizing Geralt's skills. Leack, however, disliked the upgrade system, calling it "unexciting". Carter was disappointed with the Witcher Senses, which he thought was repetitive and boring, but Senior considered it a more superior system when compared with objective markers, which was a norm for role-playing games. Prescott disliked the game user interface for being too clumsy and tedious. Senior enjoyed the card game Gwent and thought that it was an addictive minigame.
The game was criticized for its glitches and technical issues. Carter criticized the game's climbing animations for being stiff and noted that there were some gameplay bugs that would hinder players' progress. Wallace noted that the game's load times are too long. Leack noted that the game suffered from a graphical downgrade and that the actual game did not look as good as the gameplay demonstration released in 2013. Senior, Phipps and Ingenito noticed that the game had frame rate issues. While Ingenito thought that it did not have a great impact on gameplay, Phipps described it as a persistent problem that had overshadowed many of the game's achievements.
Sales[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
Prior to release, over 1.5 million people pre-ordered the game.The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt debuted at No. 1 in the UK software sales chart in its first launch week and the income grossed by the game is 600% higher than predecessor The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. It was also the best-selling video game in the UK in 2015 as of 26 May 2015, breaking the record previously held by Battlefield Hardline. It debuted at #1 on the Japan video game sales charts, selling 67,385 copies during its first week. Four million copies of the game were sold two weeks after its launch. By June 2015, over 690,000 players activated copies of the game through GOG Galaxy. The game sold over 6 million copies in the six weeks following its launch. Those sales drove the studio to make a profit of 236 million Polish złoty ($62.5 million USD) in the first half of 2015. In March 2016, developer CD Projekt Red reported that the game had shipped nearly 10 million copies worldwide.
Ocenenia a accolades[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt received critical acclaim before its release. The game garnered many awards for its previews at E3, Gamescom, and other video game industry events. It was awarded over 250 "game of the year" titles, the most ever awarded at the time. CD Projekt claims that The Witcher 3 has accumulated over 800 awards since its release.
Among all the accolades received by the game are from several different events, including the Golden Joystick Awards, The Game Awards, D.I.C.E. Awards, Game Developers Choice Awards, SXSW Gaming Awards and National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers (NAVGTR) awards. The game received acclaim in many different categories – gameplay design, visual design, sound design etc. The Witcher 3 was recognized as Game of the Year by IGN, GameSpot, Game Informer and many other gaming publications. The game received a Golden Joystick Award for Best Storytelling, Best Visual Design and Best Gaming Moment as well as The Game Awards for Best Role-Playing Game and Studio of the Year for CD Projekt RED. It also won Outstanding Achievement in Game Design, Outstanding Technical Achievement and Outstanding Achievement in Story at D.I.C.E. Awards, and won the Game of the Year and Best Technology awards at the 16th Annual Game Developers Choice Awards.
Referencie[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
Notes[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
Citations[upraviť | upraviť zdroj]
- Lear, Jack (18 May 2015). A Witcher Primer: What You Need To Know To Play The Witcher 3. Vox Media. archivované na [https://www.polygon.com/2015/5/18/8620223/witcher-3-guide-witcher-2-witcher originál z 27 May 2015
- The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Game Manual. CD Projekt RED: (15 May 2015). archivované na [http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/292030/manuals/The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Game_Manual_PC_EN.pdf?t=1441640434 originál z 17 June 2017
- Purchese, Robert (1 March 2013). The Witcher 3: no QTEs, a 50-hour quest, no XP for killing, only for quests. Gamer Network. archivované na [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-01-the-witcher-3-no-qtes-a-50-hour-quest-no-xp-for-killing-only-for-quests originál z 17 June 2017
- Phipps, Brett (1 June 2015). The Witcher 3 Guide – Combat Basics for Beginners. Resero Network. archivované na [https://www.videogamer.com/guides/the-witcher-3-guide-combat-basics-for-beginners originál z 17 June 2017
- Dunsmore, Kevin (26 January 2017). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the Most Ambitious RPG Yet. archivované na [http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/01/26/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-is-the-most-ambitious-rpg-yet/131171/ originál z 17 June 2017
- Leack, Jonathon (19 May 2015). Becoming Unstoppable: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Tips Guide [UPDATED]. CraveOnline. archivované na [http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/10964-becoming-unstoppable-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-tips-guide originál z 17 June 2017
- VanOrd, Kevin (18 May 2015). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Magical Signs Guide. CBS Interactive. archivované na [https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-magical-signs-guide/1100-6427393/ originál z 25 May 2015
- The Witcher 3 guide. Gamer Network: (2 November 2016). archivované na [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-30-the-witcher-3-guide-3696 originál z 17 June 2017
- Hawkins, Josh (19 May 2015). The Witcher 3 – How to Use Skills, Signs and Magic. Gamer Network. archivované na [http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-how-to-use-skills-signs-and-mutagens originál z 11 June 2016
- Karmali, Luke (15 December 2014). The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Will Let You Play As Ciri. Ziff Davis. archivované na [http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/15/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-will-let-you-play-as-ciri originál z 17 December 2014
- OXM Staff (25 February 2015). Why Geralt has cheered up for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Future plc. archivované na [http://www.gamesradar.com/witcher-3-preview/ originál z 26 February 2015
- Hamilton, Kirk (19 May 2015). Tips For Playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Gizmodo Media Group. archivované na [http://kotaku.com/tips-for-playing-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-1705588522 originál z 13 June 2015
- Dawson, Bryan (15 June 2015). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Prologue – Kill the Griffin, Voorhis Conversation Options. archivované na [https://www.primagames.com/games/witcher-3/walkthrough/witcher-3-wild-hunt-prologue-kill-griffin-voorhis-conversation-options originál z 17 June 2017
- Lavoy, Bill (27 May 2015). How to Earn More Crowns in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Prima Games. archivované na [https://www.primagames.com/games/witcher-3/tips/how-earn-more-crowns-witcher-3-wild-hunt originál z 17 June 2017
- The Witcher 3 – Alchemy: potions, bombs, decoctions, oils, substances, ingredients. Gamer Network: (2 November 2016). archivované na [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-30-the-witcher-3-guide-3696?page=2 originál z 17 June 2017
- The Witcher 3 – crafting: components, repair kits, Glyphs and Runestones. Gamer Network: (2 November 2016). archivované na [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-30-the-witcher-3-guide-3696?page=4 originál z 17 June 2017
- Lavoy, Bill (3 June 2015). The Witcher 3 Bear and Ursine School Gear. Gamer Network. archivované na [http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-witcher-3-bear-school-gear originál z 17 June 2017
- Hillier, Brenna (22 December 2015). The Witcher 3: How to get the best ending. Videogaming247. archivované na [https://www.vg247.com/2015/12/22/the-witcher-3-how-to-get-the-best-ending/ originál z 21 January 2017
- Buffa, Christopher (18 May 2015). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Carnal Knowledge and Romance Guide. archivované na [https://www.primagames.com/games/witcher-3/walkthrough/witcher-3-wild-hunt-carnal-knowledge-and-romance-guide originál z 17 June 2017
- Hillier, Brenna (25 May 2015). The Witcher 3: Mysterious Tracks Witcher Contract. Videogaming247. archivované na [https://www.vg247.com/2015/05/25/the-witcher-3-mysterious-tracks-witcher-contract/ originál z 17 June 2017
- Dyer, Mitch (13 April 2015). Slaughtering With Signs: The Magic of The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. Ziff Davis. archivované na [http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/13/slaughtering-with-signs-the-magic-of-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-ign-first originál z 22 August 2015
- Carter, Chris (19 May 2015). Very Quick Tips: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. ModernMethod. archivované na [https://www.destructoid.com/very-quick-tips-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-292348.phtml originál z 17 June 2017
- Saed, Sherif (3 June 2015). 12 things you didn't know you could do in The Witcher 3. Videogaming247. archivované na [https://www.vg247.com/2015/06/03/12-things-you-didnt-know-you-could-do-in-the-witcher-3/ originál z 17 June 2017
- Haywald, Justin (25 April 2015). How the Side Quests in the Witcher 3 Can Change the Whole Story. CBS Interactive. archivované na [https://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-the-side-quests-in-the-witcher-3-can-change-th/1100-6426897/ originál z 26 April 2015
- The Witcher 3 – Places of Power: where to find all fifteen. Gamer Network: (29 August 2016). archivované na [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-30-the-witcher-3-places-of-power-where-to-find-all-fifteen-3696 originál z 17 June 2017
- Hamilton, Kirk (26 May 2015). The Witcher 3 Is Even Bigger Than You Think. Gizmodo Media Group. archivované na [http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-is-even-bigger-than-you-think-1707004755 originál z 21 August 2015
- Hillier, Brenna (29 May 2015). The Witcher 3: Collect 'Em All – How to get every Gwent card. Videogaming247. archivované na [http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/29/the-witcher-3-how-to-get-every-gwent-card-collect-em-all/ originál z 29 May 2015
- Cryer, Hirun (6 June 2017). Gwent Guide – Tips and Tricks, How to Play Gwent, How to Win at Gwent, How to Get Scrap. Gamer Network. archivované na [http://www.usgamer.net/articles/06-06-2017-gwent-guide-tips-and-tricks-how-to-play-gwent-the-best-decks-to-use originál z 17 June 2017
- Pinchefsky, Carol (June 29, 2016). 10 Geek Actors Who Do Stand-Out Video Game Voice Acting. Syfy. archivované na [http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/10-geek-actors-who-do-stand-out-video-game-voice-acting originál z May 19, 2015 prístup: June 25, 2016.
- Fenlon, Wes (May 18, 2015). The Witcher 3 story primer: catch up on the essentials. PC Gamer. archivované na [http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-story-primer-catch-up-on-the-essentials/ originál z May 19, 2015 prístup: June 25, 2016.
- Hamilton, Kirk (May 18, 2015). A Beginner’s Guide To The World Of The Witcher. Kotaku. archivované na [http://kotaku.com/a-beginner-s-guide-to-the-world-of-the-witcher-1704506152 originál z May 20, 2015 prístup: June 25, 2016.
- Purchese, Robert (January 27, 2017). The voice behind The Witcher. Eurogamer. archivované na [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-27-the-voice-behind-the-witcher originál z January 28, 2017 prístup: June 25, 2016.
- Šablóna:Cite video game
- Purchese, Robert (30 August 2016). I was there when The Witcher 3 launched. archivované na [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-17-inside-the-witcher-3-launch originál z 21 August 2015
- Chapple, Craig (10 June 2015). The wild road to The Witcher 3. NewBay Media. archivované na [http://www.develop-online.net/interview/the-wild-road-to-the-witcher-3/0207553 originál z 9 May 2016
- Makuch, Eddie (9 September 2015). This is How Much The Witcher 3 Cost to Make. CBS Interactive. archivované na [http://www.gamespot.com/articles/this-is-how-much-the-witcher-3-cost-to-make/1100-6430409/ originál z 11 June 2017
- Purchese, Robert (26 August 2015). The Witcher 3 sells 6m copies in six weeks. Gamer Network. archivované na [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-26-the-witcher-3-sells-6m-copies-in-six-weeks originál z 26 August 2015
- Klepek, Patrick (14 October 2015). The Past, Present, And Future Of The Witcher 3. Gizmodo Media Group. archivované na [http://kotaku.com/the-past-present-and-future-of-the-witcher-3-1736499084 originál z 15 October 2015
- Klepek, Patrick (6 October 2015). How The Witcher 3's Developers Ensured Their Open World Didn't Suck. archivované na [http://kotaku.com/how-the-witcher-3s-developers-ensured-their-open-world-1735034176 originál z 7 October 2015
- Skipper, Ben (18 March 2015). The Witcher 3 interview: CEO Marcin Iwiński on sexism, free DLC and Game of Thrones. IBT Media. archivované na [http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/witcher-3-interview-ceo-marcin-iwiski-sexism-free-dlc-game-thrones-1492540 originál z 17 June 2017
- The amazing technology of The Witcher 3. Future plc: (18 May 2015). archivované na [http://www.pcgamer.com/the-amazing-technology-of-the-witcher-3/ originál z 17 June 2017
- Rossignol, Jim (1 February 2013). So… REDEngine 3 For The Witcher 3?. archivované na [https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/01/so-redengine-3-for-the-witcher-3/ originál z 17 June 2017
- Wilde, Tyler (30 July 2013). The Witcher 3 interview: A good quest isn't about "the sheer number of outcomes". Future plc. archivované na [http://www.pcgamer.com/witcher-3-interview-john-mamais/ originál z 17 June 2017
- Gibson, Sean (19 June 2013). The Witcher 3 Game Director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz Interview. archivované na [http://gamingillustrated.com/the-witcher-3-interview/ originál z 17 June 2017
- Purchese, Robert (28 November 2013). The Witcher 3: What is a next-gen RPG?. Gamer Network. archivované na [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-19-the-witcher-3-what-is-a-next-gen-rpg originál z 11 June 2017
- Jones, Gary (30 March 2015). Witcher 3: Why Dark Souls has proved a big influence, new details on 200+ hours gameplay. Northern & Shell. archivované na [http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/567240/Witcher-3-Dark-Souls-big-influence-CD-Projekt-RED-Wild-Hunt originál z 11 June 2017
- Pena, Danny (27 April 2015). Episode #478 – The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Interview with CD Projekt RED. archivované na [http://www.gamertagradio.com/2015/04/episode-478-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-interview-with-cd-projekt-red/ originál z 11 June 2017
- Walton, Mark (4 August 2015). How The Witcher 3's economy was saved by polynomial least squares. archivované na [https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/08/how-the-witcher-3s-economy-was-saved-by-polynomial-least-squares/ originál z 4 August 2015
- Biessener, Adam (4 February 2013). March Cover Revealed: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. GameStop. archivované na [http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/04/march-cover-reveal-witcher-3-wild-hunt.aspx originál z 15 April 2015
- Kato, Matthew (21 February 2013). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Confirmed For PlayStation 4. GameStop. archivované na [https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/21/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-confirmed-for-playstation-4.aspx originál z 25 October 2013
- The Board of CD Projekt SA (11 March 2014). Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter. archivované na [https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/Press_Room/Aktualnosci,news_id,2148 originál z 28 April 2014
- Kato, Matthew (16 April 2015). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Has Gone Gold. GameStop. archivované na [http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/04/16/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-has-gone-gold.aspx? originál z 16 April 2015
- Karmali, Luke (8 December 2014). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt release date delayed again. Ziff Davis. archivované na [http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/08/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-release-date-delayed-again/ originál z 29 March 2015
- NAMCO BANDAI to promote The Witcher 3 in Australia and New Zealand. (16 January 2014). archivované na [https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/media/news/namco-bandai-to-promote-the-witcher-3-in-australia-and-new-zealand/ originál z 11 June 2017
- NAMCO BANDAI to distribute The Witcher 3 in Western Europe. (28 October 2013). archivované na [https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/media/news/namco-bandai-to-distribute-the-witcher-3-in-western-europe/ originál z 11 June 2017
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Free DLC Announcement – GOG.com. CD Projekt: (6 November 2014). archivované na [https://www.gog.com/news/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_free_dlc_announcement originál z 8 November 2014
- Krupa, Daniel (7 April 2015). 2 "Massive" Expansions Announced for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Ziff Davis. archivované na [http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/07/2-massive-expansions-announced-for-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt originál z 7 April 2015
- Skrebels, Joe (10 May 2016). Update: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine DLC Gets an Official Release Date. Ziff Davis. archivované na [http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/10/the-witcher-3-blood-and-wine-dlc-might-have-an-official-release-date?abthid=5731f7563e3443f13a00000b originál z 11 June 2017
- Ingenito, Vince (8 October 2015). The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone Review. Ziff Davis. archivované na [http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/09/the-witcher-3-hearts-of-stone-review originál z 9 October 2015
- Mahardy, Mike (8 October 2015). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Hearts of Stone Review. CBS Interactive. archivované na [http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-hearts-of-stone-review/1900-6416268/ originál z 8 October 2015
- Johnson, Leif (25 May 2016). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine Review. Ziff Davis. archivované na [http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/25/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-blood-and-wine-review originál z 25 May 2016
- VanOrd, Kevin (27 May 2016). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine Review. CBS Interactive. archivované na [http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-blood-and-wine-review/1900-6416443/ originál z 11 June 2017
- Donnelly, Joe (11 August 2016). The Witcher 3: Game of the Year Edition is out this month. Future plc. archivované na [http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-game-of-the-year-edition-is-out-this-month/ originál z 11 June 2017
- Altano, Brian (11 June 2013). IGN's Best of E3 2013 Awards. Ziff Davis. archivované na [http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/igns-best-of-e3-2013-awards?page=5 originál z 11 July 2014
- IGN's E3 Crew (12 June 2014). IGN's Best of E3 2014 Awards. Ziff Davis. archivované na [http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/06/12/igns-best-of-e3-2014-awards?page=3 originál z 11 July 2014
- Abbott, Chris (16 June 2014). E3 2014: People's Choice Award Winner. Ziff Davis. archivované na [http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/16/e3-2014-whats-your-best-game-of-show originál z 12 August 2014
- Haywald, Justin (25 June 2014). Best of E3 2014: People's Choice Award Winners Announced. CBS Interactive. archivované na [http://www.gamespot.com/peopleschoice/ originál z 12 August 2014
- GamesRadar Staff (25 October 2013). Here are your Golden Joystick Award winners 2013. Future plc. archivované na [http://www.gamesradar.com/watch-our-golden-joystick-awards-livestream-3pm-bst/ originál z 1 March 2015
- Golden Joysticks Awards' Ultimate List of Ultimate Games: 1983 - 2015. GamesRadar. Future plc: (15 October 2015). archivované na [http://www.gamesradar.com/golden-joysticks-ultimate-list-ultimate-games-1983-2014/ originál z 17 March 2016
- Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is Most Anticipated Game, new trailer released!. CD Projekt: (6 December 2014). archivované na [http://en.cdprojektred.com/news/witcher-3-wild-hunt-is-most-anticipated-game-new-trailer-released/ originál z 9 December 2014
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for PC Reviews. CBS Interactive. archivované na [http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt originál z 11 June 2017
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for PlayStation 4 Reviews. CBS Interactive. archivované na [http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt originál z 11 June 2017
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Xbox One Reviews. CBS Interactive. archivované na [http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt originál z 11 June 2017
- Ingenito, Vince (12 May 2015). The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Review. Ziff Davis. archivované na [http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/12/the-witcher-3-the-wild-hunt-review originál z 12 May 2015
- Gies, Arthur (13 May 2015). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt review: off the path. Vox Media. archivované na [http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/13/8533059/the-witcher-3-review-wild-hunt-PC-PS4-Xbox-one originál z 5 April 2017
- Carter, Chris (12 May 2015). Review: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. ModernMethod. archivované na [http://www.destructoid.com/review-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-291344.phtml originál z 15 May 2015
- Wallace, Kimberley (12 May 2015). Choice On A Grand Scale – The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – PlayStation 4. GameStop. archivované na [http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/b/playstation4/archive/2015/05/12/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review-game-informer.aspx originál z 12 May 2015
- Phipps, Brett (12 May 2015). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Review. Resero Network. archivované na [http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_review.html originál z 13 May 2015
- Senior, Tom (12 May 2015). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt review. Future plc. archivované na [http://www.gamesradar.com/witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/ originál z 26 January 2015
- Prescott, Shaun (21 May 2015). The Witcher 3 PC review. Future plc. archivované na [http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-review/ originál z 8 April 2017
- VanOrd, Kevin (12 May 2015). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Review. CBS Interactive. archivované na [http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/1900-6416135/ originál z 9 June 2015
- Welsh, Oli (30 August 2016). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt review. archivované na [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-18-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review originál z 19 May 2015
- Leack, Jonathan (20 May 2015). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Review. CraveOnline. archivované na [http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt originál z 30 May 2015
- Bloodworth, Daniel (12 May 2015). The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Review. IGN. archivované na [http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/u5wmtm/the-witcher-3--wild-hunt-review originál z 15 May 2015
- Scammell, David (19 May 2015). The Witcher 3 pre-orders grew to 1.5 million in last week. Resero Network. archivované na [http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/news/the_witcher_3_pre-orders_grew_to_1_5_million_in_last_week.html originál z 19 July 2015
- Phillips, Tom (26 May 2015). The Witcher 3 biggest UK launch of 2015 so far. Gamer Network. archivované na [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-26-the-witcher-3-biggest-uk-launch-of-2015-so-far originál z 26 May 2015
- Japan's Video Game Rankings, May 18–24. (28 May 2015). archivované na [http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-27/japan-video-game-rankings-may-18-24/.88615 originál z 2 June 2015
- Purchese, Robert (9 June 2015). The Witcher 3 sells 4m copies in two weeks. Gamer Network. archivované na [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-09-the-witcher-3-sells-4m-copies-in-two-weeks originál z 4 July 2015
- News: GOG Galaxy home to over half of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt PC gamers. CD Projekt: (12 June 2015). archivované na [http://www.gog.com/news/news_gog_galaxy_home_to_over_half_of_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_pc_gamers originál z 11 June 2015
- Newhouse, Alex (11 June 2015). More People Playing Witcher 3 on GOG than on Steam – CD Projekt's digital distribution service edges out Steam and all other PC platforms.. CBS Interactive. archivované na [http://www.gamespot.com/articles/more-people-playing-witcher-3-on-gog-than-on-steam/1100-6428013/ originál z 11 June 2015
- Makuch, Eddie (11 March 2016). Witcher 3 Ships Almost 10 Million Copies – Report. CBS Interactive. archivované na [http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-ships-almost-10-million-copies-report/1100-6435592/ originál z 13 March 2016
- Leack, Jonathan (17 March 2016). The Witcher 3 Has Won More Game of the Year Awards Than Any Other Game. CraveOnline. archivované na [http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/the-witcher-3-has-won-more-game-of-the-year-awards-than-any-other-game-36313 originál z 17 March 2016
- Wiedźmin 3: Dziki Gon -- data premiery Edycji Gry Roku (Polish). (11 August 2016). archivované na [http://thewitcher.com/pl/news/view/2059 originál z 11 June 2017
- Game of the Year - IGN's Best of 2015. Ziff Davis. archivované na [http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2015/Game_of_the_Year originál z 10 January 2016
- Game of the Year 2015 Countdown: #5 - #1. CBS Interactive. archivované na [https://www.gamespot.com/articles/game-of-the-year-2015-countdown-5-1/1100-6432504/ originál z 21 December 2015
- Marchiafava, Jeff (6 January 2016). Game Informer Best Of 2015 Awards. GameStop. archivované na [http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/01/06/game-informer-best-of-2015-awards.aspx?PostPageIndex=5 originál z 11 June 2017
- Golden Joysticks 2015: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt wins five gaming awards. (30 October 2015). archivované na [http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34679591/golden-joysticks-2015-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-wins-five-gaming-awards originál z 31 October 2015
- Sarkar, Samit (3 December 2015). Here are the winners of The Game Awards 2015. Vox Media. archivované na [http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/3/9846760/the-game-awards-2015-winners originál z 4 December 2015
- Crecente, Brian (19 February 2016). Fallout 4 named game of the year during DICE Awards. Vox Media. archivované na [http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/19/11057096/dice-award-winners-announced originál z 19 February 2016
- Makuch, Eddie (16 March 2016). Witcher 3 Wins GDC Game of the Year Award, Full Winners List. CBS Interactive. archivované na [http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-wins-gdc-game-of-the-year-award-full-win/1100-6435711/ originál z 14 April 2016